Send a payment request
Similar to an invoice, you can proactively send a payment request to a customer or contact that shares account details and (if they also have a Mercury account) allows them to immediately submit payment.
Creating a new payment request
- Log in to your Mercury dashboard.
- Click the blue Move Money button in the upper right corner, then select Payment Request.
- Select a contact you've previously sent to, or scroll to the bottom of the Send Payment Request to dropdown to Create new contact.
- Select which account you want to receive the payment, then click Next.
- Input how much you're requesting, a due date, and any notes you want to be visible to the recipient.
What your recipient sees
Your recipient will be given a standalone link with the payment amount, deadline, and other info you included when creating the request.
- If they have also have a Mercury account, they'll be able to select an account to pay from and submit payment immediately.
- If they don't have a Mercury account, they'll be provided with ACH/Wire and International Wire details to submit payment.
The account and routing numbers displayed are not your actual account and routing numbers. When you create a payment request, it also creates a unique "routing" account with its own account and routing numbers so your actual account information remains hidden. The funds route through this account automatically and ultimately land in the account you selected when creating the request.
Managing payment requests
Go to your Payments page, then click the Incoming tab near the top to view all of your active and canceled payment requests.
Click any of these line items to open up the request details. From there, you can re-copy the payment link, cancel the request, or mark the request as paid.
Not seeing this feature on your account? Email email@example.com and we'd be happy to take a look.