Change a team member's role or permissions
When adding someone to your Mercury team, you'll also assign them a role that grants them different permissions (or levels of access) to your accounts.
- Admins have full access to your Mercury dashboard and can add or remove team members, issue cards and move money. If you have multiple admins on your team, you can also add a control that requires other admins to approve payment requests or account changes.
- Bookkeepers can view all accounts and transactions but can't move money or manage your team. This would be best suited for an accountant.
- Card only users can be issued debit cards, but have extremely limited access to your company's dashboard. They'll only be able to see their own transaction data and card information upon logging in.
- Custom users are the most flexible role type. They can be issued debit cards and can view all accounts, but can't add or remove team members or change team permissions. When inviting someone as a custom user, you can define whether they can move money freely, can move money with admin approval, or can't move money at all.
Changing a team member's role
If you want to upgrade or downgrade a team member's role after they've been using the account for awhile, you can do this any time from your Team page.
- Find the team member's name in the list, and click it to open their details.
- In the upper right corner of their details card, click the three dots and choose Edit User Permissions from the menu.
- You'll be able to change their role or edit individual permissions from within the details card.
- Click Save Changes to lock in the change (or if you're trying to make someone an admin and need another admin to approve, it may say Request Approval).
The Mercury Debit Cards are issued by Choice Financial Group and Evolve Bank & Trust, Members FDIC, pursuant to licenses from Mastercard.
The IO Card is issued by Patriot Bank, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Mastercard.