Issue a new debit card
If you’re an admin, you can issue new physical or virtual debit cards for yourself or your team right from your Mercury dashboard.
Issuing the card
You’ll use the same process whether you want virtual or physical:
- Log in to your Mercury dashboard and go to Cards from the left sidebar menu.
- Near the top of the page, click + New Card.
- Select which team member the card is for and which account you want to pull funds from.
- Give the card a nickname, like “AWS Payments” or “Jojo’s Expense Card.” If you leave the nickname blank, the card recipient can add their own later.
- Decide whether you want a physical or virtual card. If you opt for a physical card, you’ll also be asked to confirm the shipping address where you want it sent. See the list of restricted countries below to make sure your shipping address is eligible.
- Set a daily or monthly spending limit. You can edit this limit later, if needed. If you’re issuing a physical card, you’ll also set a daily or monthly ATM limit for withdrawals.
Virtual cards can be used immediately after issuing. You can find the card info on your dashboard.
Physical cards may take up to 8-12 weeks to arrive due to Covid-related delays. If you’re sending a card to your registered agent’s address, it may take a little longer as they’ll likely add some handling time.
Cards are shipped via USPS and will arrive in an unbranded white envelope with a San Francisco return address.
If you ordered a physical card but need to make payments sooner, issue a virtual card to use in the meantime.
Restricted countries for debit card shipping
We can mail physical cards anywhere in the world except for these restricted countries: Albania, Belarus, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Burundi, Central African Republic, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Republic of North Macedonia, Montenegro, Nicaragua, North Korea, Russia, Serbia, Slovenia, Somalia, Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Ukraine, Venezuela, Yemen, and Zimbabwe.