Deposit a check
You can deposit checks electronically from your dashboard or the Mercury mobile app. We don’t currently accept physical checks by mail (they’ll be returned to sender if received).
Before you get started
Make sure the check is issued by a US bank and made out to the business owner on file or to the company’s legal name.
Before you upload photos, make sure to write “For mobile deposit at Mercury only” on the back underneath the signature.
Depositing from your dashboard
- In the upper right corner of your dashboard, click Move Money > Add or Receive Funds.
- When asked “How do you want to add funds?”, select Check Deposit.
- Follow the prompts to upload check photos and submit your deposit.
Depositing from the Mercury mobile app
- Tap the dollar sign icon in the bottom panel and select Deposit a Check.
- Follow the prompts to upload photos and submit your deposit.
Taking photos of your checks
Make sure to upload well-lit photos of the front and back of your check, with all account info clearly legible. The photos need to be of the actual check, and not a photo of a check image from a computer screen or other secondary source. Unclear photos are a common reason why a deposit might fail.
When to expect funds
Funds deposited via check can take up to 7 full business days to appear in your account. Please keep the check for at least a week to make sure it clears without issue.